Monday, February 2, 2009

Got started in Second Life

Getting started does take some time, especially the specific physical characteristics of your avatar.

Carefully choosing a first name 'cause you are stuck with it. I wish I had simply chosen my own first name.

I will eventually want to buy some clothes. More on that later. Getting started is good enough and the details can come later.

Once inside, I used the search button at the bottom to find some places to go. And, I searched Google for a guide that shows you how to move around.

I went to the Harvard University Law School site and to Mouse World, which is an amazing recreation of Disneyland. You can even ride the attractions. Wow.

Here is a film from the University of Maryland that demonstrates how to get started. YouTube is an awesome place for learning Second Life:


No comments:

Post a Comment