Thursday, August 13, 2009

First attempt at building in Second Life

Made my first attempt at building in Second Life today, after reading the building chapter in SL for Dummies. The book does not cover the subject extremely well but there are other places to learn.

Anyone who starts out new in SL is given a variety of textures, clothing, hair, and other objects like furniture.

In building, textures are very, very important and I can see I need many more. They can be found free by searching.

I have noticed that one may take objects from other places but I need to see if that is acceptable, and if the owner intends to share if they don't restrict others from taking their objects (like pine trees for example or furniture).

My first building is below. Not eloquent to be sure, but this is much trickier than it looks!


No comments:

Post a Comment